Monday, June 8, 2009

How New Media Technolgoy Applications Like P2P Filesharing, Blogs and Mashups Have Altered Society and the Economy

By analyzing and researching three different new media technologies, p2p filesharing, blogs and mashups, I wish to explore how these innovations have altered both society and the economy. I will first define each technology and explain how and when they are used. I will then describe how users conducted similar tasks in the past to see if and how the users' behaviors have changed. Then I will examine which industries have been either positively or negatively affected by these new media changes, indicating an economic perspective. By assessing each type of media's role on society and the economy I will gain a better understanding of how new media affects the world. To conduct my research I will use online sources as well as Baruch databases and any books that are pertinent to my areas of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment